I think this was an interesting, but brief, article on the art of adding layers to your story. The process should work when adding mystery, suspense, subplots, etc. Overall, the point is that it doesn’t come out of the blue. You need to craft it over time. Sometimes this means with the outline while other times it’s during the revision process. In the end your polished work should be a multi-faceted piece that shines.
Here’s next Chaos Pen challenge! Have fun with it. This time I only selected one song per card for the playlist, trying my best to match up with the overall theme of each card.
As always, link back to this post if you take up the challenge. I’d love to see what you do with it! Continue reading “Chaos Pen Challenge #7”
Figured out how to build my own playlists on YouTube so this should be interesting. This time around I tried to put the music list together based off the keywords from the tarot cards – one song for each keyword. Tell what, that was challenging in itself! So the list might be a little odd and I apologize for that up front. Let me know what you think. Continue reading “Chaos Pen Challenge #6”
Set Up At Least 2 Characters
- it’s easier to build a dynamic with at least two characters
- for a greater challenge use just one
- use too many characters and the story gets messy
- create new characters or use from your existing cast
- Seventh Sanctum’s Character Generator
- d20 Modern Dice Roller for Random Character Selection from your existing cast
- if you have 7 characters and you used a d8 but rolled an 8, create a new character to fill the empty slot (or roll again) for example
- you are also free to just choose the characters you want to write about