The green man dies. Write that scene. How does this effect the main character? Is the main character present when he dies or find out later? If they find out later, write that scene.
“Sometimes you have to let people die.”
You are my paradox.
There are two mixed and complex sides.
Things that cannot be together, but there they are.
Everything the same and different.
Like fire hovering above ice. Continue reading “My Lovely Paradox”
An undead village fights off hordes of the living, and their monstrous “paladins.”
A society in which both death and birth are celebrated similarly: one as an arrival, one as a fond farewell.
- a scene of someone’s death
- a scene of someone’s birth
- the birth and death of the same person
- a birth or death that someone couldn’t celebrate
- describe the place to us. Include the culture, rituals, what it looks like, the religion…
- do 2-3 character sketches of people who live there
There is a new “life tax” imposed on every man, woman, child, and animal in a city-state. Anyone who doesn’t pay for their life is killed.
- Why the tax is being imposed.
- How people are killed. Is it the same as for animals?
- Showing a character die.
- Someone making an attempt to evade the tax without dying.